Interested in writing for Over the Horizon?
Over the Horizon is looking for ideas that reshape how we think about military power for utility in the future. OTH readership is global and spans academic, practitioner, and policy communities focused on international security. OTH articles bridge these worlds to advance the conversation on how to address emerging security issues. The editorial team operates a rigorous review process prior to publication. As such, please consider the following guidelines before making your submission:
- OTH publishes commentary pieces of 1,000 – 2,500 words, interviews of 1,500 words or less, and book reviews of 1,000 words or less.
- Use hyperlinks to cite the sources of ideas and information you reference or rely on in your argument. Do not use endnotes, footnotes, or a bibliography.
- Do not submit research papers. If the ideas in your research paper advance the international security conversation in line with the OTH theme, then craft them into an engaging commentary piece.
- Please use language that can be broadly understood. Avoid jargon or excessive use of acronyms – OTH readers hail from multiple communities and countries.
- Engage readers up front. Begin your article with an illuminating or controversial statement that captures attention and leads readers directly to the point of your argument.
If interested in contributing, please contact: email@example.com